Tuesday, February 28, 2023

BlackStack Pull Tabs Pale Ale

 BlackStack Pull Tabs Pale Ale.


6% ABV, BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, Minnesota. 

I swore I’d release my self from the burden of reviewing the BlackStack IPAs that come my way, to avoid repeating myself. Well, this one is a pale ale, so that doesn’t count. Let’s try his one out. 

Hazier than I like a pale ale to be (and this is not labeled as a hazy, per se, at least not on the can, so there was a chance of some clarity, says the guy who’s been fooled before), bright golden hue, slim, lasting, white head.

In the nose: softly citric, grapefruit hints, carried away by slight tropical tones. Pleasant hoppy aromatics.

In the mouth: exceptionally smooth entry on the palate, gliding effortlessly over the tongue. Light hop bitterness, easy drinking, medium bodied, soft and squishy. Just a little juicy. Nice and breezy. 

I’d like a little more in the way of crisp and clean, but it wouldn’t be BlackStack, then, would it? 

Hazy Pale Ale w/ Mosaic, Strata & El Dorado... PULL UP!


No comments: