Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Southern Tier IPA

 Southern Tier IPA. 


7 % ABV, 60 IBU, Southern Tier Brewing, Lakewood, New York. 

I bought a Southern Tier 15-pack recently, because I haven’t had them in a while, and 15 is better than 12. That means I have 4 new  Southern Tier IPAs to review. Why not 5? One is a hazy IPA and I do not review those here anymore. You knew that. I’ll drink them, but I won’t enjoy and have grown tired of complaining about them. 

Clear, golden hued, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: soft, floral, slightly spicy, but most of all citric. 

In the mouth: more citrus zest and bright hoppiness on the palate. Minor sweetness to match the bitter, which hangs hard in the finish. A bit earthy, predominantly critic, with a touch of pine. Tasty stuff, good beer and you can drink it. 

Our IPA is timeless - brewed for those who give a damn about a well-crafted beer. As one of our original beers, its quality and consistency helped grow the popularity of IPAs from the ground up. The citrus and pine hop profile balanced by a subtle caramel sweetness are standard for a classic American IPA.

No comments: