Monday, June 5, 2023

Wooden Ship The Three Wishes of Rick IPA

 Wooden Ship The Three Wishes of Rick IPA. 


5.3 % ABV, Wooden Ship Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota. 

It was my first visit to Wooden Ship since last September. I’m back on the bike, enjoying the trip around the lakes. They’ve phased out crowlers for 16 ounce cans, and I was glad to learn that they happily assembled mixed four packs. So, this is one of four, with more to come. 

The three wishes of Rick. 

Yet another Wooden Ship beer that references Rick. I’m guessing he said, “I wish we had an IPA with Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops, my three favorites. I’d bet Al would like it.”


Clear, bright golden hue, slim, lasting, ivory head. 


In the nose: citrus and tropical fruity notes popping up in the aroma. 


In the mouth: moderate bitterness blesses the palate. Blasts and bites, then along comes smooth and malty. Orange and grapefruit meets pineapple and papaya, with a dose of berries. Just a little juicy. Long, bitter finish. 


This is definitely my kind of IPA. Delicious. 

No comments: