Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Oliphant Pickle Beer

 Oliphant Pickle Beer.


4% ABV, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, Wisconsin.

Here’s the thing about me and pickles. I’ll enjoy the eating of one once in a while, but don’t actually care for drinking the brine. No, thanks. And here I am about drink some disguised as beer. Only for the love of Oliphant and only because it was free.

Clear and yellow, quickly dissipated white head. 

In the nose: yeah, that’s pickle. Briney, salty, pickle-y.

In the mouth: there it is again, and it’s all over my tongue and down my throat. Light bodied, easy drinking, possessing no flavors beyond pickle. Tartness trickles and tickles. This is not what I want in a beer, alas. 

I’m going to finish this because that’s what I do. I don’t love it, but neither do I hate it. It simple is what it sets out to be. And that is not something I want to drink. 

“Pickle beer”…now I have heard everything. 

That's right, no foolin' on what this is. Liquid pickle juice for your guzzlement!

No comments: