Sunday, January 21, 2024

Schell’s Snowstorm 2023 Four Rye Dark Ale

 Schell’s Snowstorm 2023 Four Rye Dark Ale.


6.3% ABV, August Schell Brewing, New Ulm, Minnesota. 

And here we have this year’s, or should I say last year’s, seasonal offering from August Schell. Four Rye Dark Ale, what the blooming’ heck is that? I only bought a six pack this time for reasons too banal to relate. I’m down to the last can, so it’s note taking time.

Clear, medium mahogany hue, slim slab of cream-toned head. 

In the nose: malty richness, rye spice, pumpernickel. 

In the mouth: the palate is graced with light pepper tones, mixed with earthy, bready malt flavors. Medium bodied, long finish, quite smooth. Touch of cocoa, bit of dark fruit, coffee. A wealth of rich and delicious tastes. Warmingly wonderful.

Yum a dum dum, I say, and I mean it this time.

(Just kidding, I always mean it. From deep down in my heart.)

No comments: