Saturday, May 7, 2011

La Trappe Quadrupel


Original notes from a bottle, Febrauary, 2003:

Big, creamy head. Dark burgundy color. Aroma: unbelievable! A smorgasborg of flavor and fruit, heavy on grapes, but also including subtle sensations of berries, melons, and a touch of citrus. Great, playful bitterness, lively, just-right carbonation. Long finish, the flavor sticks out, and holds on! 10%, and you can definitely taste it, but the well-balanced malt and hops cover up the sting some. Slight sourness near the end. All in all, one of a kind, in my opinion, and one of my all-time sentimental favorites.
If my ranking seems excessive, compared to some, I offer no apology or excuse. I simply cannot find fault, or wish for any change in this glorious brew!

That was my gushing, fannish blurb-ery way back when I was a gushing fan-boy. Shortly after, it disappeared due to some distribution and importing shuffles. Came back a few years ago as Koningshoeven, through Artisanal Imports, and just last year re-gained the right to call itself La Trappe.

Eight years later, having it on tap, and the Trappe is back! I can taste the silence, actually.Mmmm, silent-y....

No comments: