Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Three Floyds Moloko Stout


More Wisconsin-gotten Three Floyds goodness. Enjoyed this last week, but took notes from my first bottle, last December, 2010:

Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout, 22 oz. bomber.
I know what a milk stout is, but what's a moloko, and who's the one-eyed green guy, and how about the freaky hat he's sporting? Ah, I get it, malt shovel, mash fork, barrels, in the form of a crown. Is he a new form of the Alpha King, created by a love-child of Peter Max and Jack Kirby?

Brewed with a portion of golden naked oats and lactose milk sugar, to give it all those things that I'll pretend I didn't read, so I can come up with them on my own, and act like I made it up out of my golden brains.

Let's open it, already.
Basic blackness, under a gorgeous roasty brown head, the color of cocoa, small, but lasting.

Aroma, sweet chocolate and smooth and creamy. Simple, yet supple, and lush.

Taste: there's the sweetness again, the cream and the chocolate, with silky smooth oatmeal feel rolling easily along right underneath. Great balance, ...I'd say well-rounded but I peeked at that on the label...

Medium-to-full bodied, low to non-existent bitterness, and the sweet factor discerned so early on remains restrained. Roast is balanced, sweet and dry are hand in hand. Deee-licious.

Put this in 12 oz bottles and 6-packs, Floyd Boys, this is your session stout right here.

No comments: