Monday, May 23, 2011

Furthermore Fallen Apple Ale



Notes from October, 2007:

Fallen Apple, Cream Ale brewed with Apple Juice, Further Brewing Company, Black River Falls, WI, 12 oz brown bottle.

"Brewed with our favorite season in mind, this blended delicacy is a celebration of falling leaves and falling in love." Aw, sweet.

Clear and tawny red appearance, small to nil for the head. Apple-y.

Nose is tart at first, then comes the apple. A little sweet, a little sour.

Taste: big sour snap at the front, then fading. Pucker, pucker, smack, smack. A little wine-y, cider-ish. The body's thin, though, and I can't find any hops. Maybe I'm not supposed to...it's a cream ale, after all.

I've got a problem. It's too much apple flavor, for me, personally...and not enough any other flavor to make it interesting. Can't finish this very easily. No joy slips through my lips. Bracingly tart, but too thin in the body, with nothing in the finish.
Got to admit that that works fine for some people. Not me. Bit one-dimensional.

Glad I was able to pick up a single of this. Only $1.49 down the drain.

No comments: