Saturday, July 2, 2011

Town Hall Macaroon


Town Hall Macaroon. There's coconut in here, that's about all I know for now. I'll look for more info …it's got to be around here somewhere….here's something:" Summer coconut beer modeled after the tasty bakery treat. This beer was made with both toasted and un-toasted coconut." Here's something else: "A coconut beer for the summer."

I'm having this halfway into the growler. I couldn't resist, and wasn't ready to write. So, I have to tell you the the head started looking a lot better than in the picture. It's rather thin now, a cloudy amber cast below. Looking all the world like a typical pale ale, or a typical cookie.

Aroma: sweetness starts it off, and you're getting all coconut. Some malt below, no hops…but, all cocoanut. Wait, is it coconut or cocoanut? How much do the Marx Brothers have to do with it?
There's little cocoa here, not so much "nut", but so much coconut!

Gonna taste it: spritz of hops, very serene and subtle. And then, coconut. Soft on the palate, full of sweet, coco-nutty flavor, but never too much. Not overwhelming. Not sickly. …oh, wait, maybe a little? No, not really.
But damnit, it's drinking awful nicely. I could finish this whole growler.
Don't think I will, though, but it would be ridiculously easy, even while I'm missing the hops I desire.

Damned delicious, and incredibly well-made. Another off-beat Town Hall winner.

No comments: