Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Toppling Goliath Fire, Skulls, & Money India Pale Ale

Toppling Goliath Fire, Skulls & Money IPA. Toppling Goliath Brewing, Decorah, Iowa. 7% ABV.

To the eye: Highly hazed, bright orange, tight ring of ivory foam atop. Glass of O.J. or "hazy IPA"?

In the nose: soft and citrus-y. Pineapple, orange, and lemon. Mango. A splash of grapefruit. A li'l splash. Big fruit, low bitterness.

In the mouth: All the above, dropped on the palate. Very smooth, but with greater bitterness than the nose ever knew. Long, lingering hoppy flavors. Very meek and mild malt. Big time citrus attack. Smooth and creamy.

You know, this is all right. It's not my favorite style of India Pale Ale, but I don't hate it.

Inspired by a trip to the west coast, designed to capture the wild spirit of adventure and brewed to be enjoyed with friends. This rich IPA is for those with wanderlust in their heart and fire in their eyes. Join our Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy, and Nelson Hops on a journey to the bottom of your glass.

Well, maybe I just need more wanderlust in my heart and fire in my eyes to like this better. I guess.

No comments: