Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Ale Asylum Tears of My Enemies Pale Ale

Ale Asylum Tears of My Enemies Pale Ale. 5.9% ABV.

Clear, golden-hued, large white head.

In the nose: aroma of fresh wort, oddly enough. Oats and yeast. Oddly enough. Some semblance of hops simmers somewhere.

In the mouth: Okay, there's some hoppiness, there's a fresh, zesty taste. Hop bitterness plays it kind of low and easy in this one, fades off fast. It's smooth, tasty, and rather unremarkable. Especially for one with so drastic a name. I don't really feel like I am chilling in the capital city of Fruitland. (See below.) It's a rather ordinary APA.

I like it okay. But no more than okay. Okay?

Zesty and bold upon the first sips, with luscious notes of apricots, peaches and oranges like you’re chilling in the capital city of Fruitland. Tears of My Enemies is available March through July 2018, both packaged and on tap throughout Wisconsin and Illinois.

No comments: