Sunday, September 4, 2022

56 Brewing Great Northern Drip Brown Ale

 56 Brewing Great Northern Drip Brown Ale.

5% ABV, 25 IBU. 56 Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Sometimes you think to yourself, that’s seems interesting, but I don’t think I want to pay for a 4-pack. And then, so many others think the same, you end up getting it for free. That’s why I am drinking this beer. 

Clear, dark brown color, slim beige head.  

In the nose: malt, coffee, sweetness, roast. 

In the mouth: a malt-driven affair, with cocoa and caramel and, yeah, some maple syrup. Some sweetness, minor hops. Smooth, super drinkable. Decent drink, and you can drink it. That’s about all I want to say. Perhaps I’d have enjoyed this better when fresh, but there were other options then. Maple syrup brown ale just doesn’t jump out at me as a must have.

Brown Ale brewed with Maple Syrup from Rising Sun Farms in River Falls, Wisconsin. This beer has nice notes of toast, coffee and chocolate, with of course a nice subtle maple sweetness. The maple sap is just starting to run this time of year, and this beer is the perfect one to bring with you into the woods to enjoy by the fire.


No comments: