Arbeiter Schwarzwald Cascadian Dark Ale.
6.3 % ABV, 54 IBU, Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Dark brown color, nearly black, with a lush, tan head. Almost opaque.
In the nose: chocolate in the park, grass stains on cocoa. Just lovely.
In the mouth: there we go! Nicely hoppy, wonderfully malty. All that described from the nose resides on the tongue. Beautifully bitter, resonantly, deliciously hoppy, riding ona sea of dark, chocolates. Rich, full-bodied, indulgently tasty. Top notch Black IPA, I mean,er, ah…
If you like this review and want to try this beer,I’m afraid it’s long gone from the brewery. I sat on this can too long. Sorry. I keep trying to get better…
Throwback style! We’re hell-bent on helping bring back the Black IPA…erm….Cascadian Dark Ale…whatever it’s called, we call it DELICIOUS. Scharzwald is the German name for the “Black Forest” and we thought it a fitting name. Slightly citrusy, slightly piney, and all the way black it’s a perfect beer to be named Schwarzwald!

No comments:
Post a Comment