Friday, September 11, 2026

Ol’ George 96: He Ain’t Crazy,, He’s Just Drawn That Way

 Ol’ George 96: He Ain’t Crazy,, He’s Just Drawn That Way


Notes: 

1. Last week, I said we weren’t going to do this. And then, I changed my mind. It was too good of an idea to pass up. But it opens a lot of questions. Are the gang at Kelly’s figments of Balonious’ fermented mind? No, they’re real….in their reality. Is Balonious dimension hopping? Does he know that he is? He only discovered that he’s a cartoon 61 episodes ago. How much more can a beer geek take?

2. I was going to have the male beertender call him by his real name (Nevin Coolidge) and shout at him that “cats can’t talk!” but there was no room. I’m happy with how it turned out.

3. I named the TDH TIPA (for those unaware, triple dry hopped triple India pale ale)that BF is drinking the way I assume they all are, by pulling a Sci-Fi novel off my shelf and randomly flipping through. Though it resulted in a very un-Sci-Fi result.

4. The traits that I have so far given to Chester  have included his love of Grain Belt and cartooning. I never mentioned his musicianship, but playing accordion on the streets and bridges of Minneapolis were how the real-life Chester supported his life in an encamped under the 10th St. Bridge. I imagine that accordions are hard to draw. I’ll have to try some time. 

No comments: