Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Imperial Dark Farmhouse Ale

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Imperial, Dark Farmhouse Ale, 10% ABV.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Deepest darkness, slim cocoa-tinged head atop, looking fine.

Aroma: a little creamy, a little sweet, hints of coconut and coffee. More sweet than bitter. Nice.

In the mouth: creamy and dreamy. Rich and chocolatey. Strength doesn't ring in right away, but it will, it will. 'Til then, all those flavors keep rolling in. Lightly spicy, full bodied, dark and delicious. Stays on the side of dry, against the sweet, though there is some of that there, as well.

A big-boned version of a dark farmhouse ale. Go ahead and call it Imperial. It's nice and toasty, deep and chocolatey, and fairly indulgent. I like it, and I would like more of it. There was also a vanilla and a maple version on tap at my latest visit, but I decided to go with this one for my growler. yum, yum.

No comments: