Friday, March 17, 2017

Insight Defending the West IPA

Insight Defending the West IPA. Alc 7.6 by vol. Insight Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Utterly opaque, thoroughly crimson coloring, Slim, but lasting, creamy white head.

In the nose: pithy pine, citrus, grapefruit, orange. Bam!

In the mouth: Boom! Fruity, creamy, citrus-y, bitter, but mostly fruity. Medium bodied, long, bitter finish. Damned delicious. Bam, bam, bam, juicy, fruity, bitter, tasty. I love it.

I'll admit it, not the best notes I've ever composed while having a beer. Slightly better than merely saying "it's a good West Coast IPA and you can drink it." This was after a few, and the last beer of the night/morning. It's true, I sometimes wake up, look at my notes to see "what did I write last night?" And since this is the last can of the 4-pack, I'm stuck with it.

So, who won? They're both good IPAs, but I think East might have the edge here.

No comments: