Thursday, March 16, 2017

Insight East IPA

Insight Surging From the East New England Style India Pale Ale. Alcohol 6.4% by Vol.

This one came in a four pack, 2 cans of East, 2 cans of West. Kind of a fun idea, brew a West Coast IPA and one of these newfangled East Coast-style IPAs, set 'em off against each other. I don't care who wins, I like both styles.

Hazy, orange-y, slim white head on top.

In the nose: Big bitterness, huge citrus. Grapefruit bomb, as the kids say these days. Rather intense and highly enjoyable.

In the mouth: Boom, there it is. Fierce, fresh and in my face. All the pithy goodness is apparent. Very citrus-y. Medium-bodied, easily drinkable. Long, bitter, citrus-y finish.

Okay, I liked it. Now to find out about this thing they're calling West. Up next.

There's a lot of stuff on the back of the can, as usual. I can't read it. And I can't find it online. I'm sure it's clever, but I can't find my glasses.

No comments: