Saturday, March 11, 2017

Leinenkugel's Bavarian Dunkel

Again, the looming reflection of my Galactus, Devourer
of Worlds, bottle opener. I swear it won't happen again.
Leinenkugel's Bavarian Dunkel Bavarian Style Dark Lager. Dunkel Beer brewed with natural ingredients. Carefully brewed by the Leienkugel family for six generations. The pride of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin since 1867. 5.5% Alc by vol.

There are beers I review here that I went out and bought myself because I wanted to try them, and there are some that given to me as samples by brewery or distributor reps. Sometimes I tell you which category a beer belongs to, and there are times when you can probably figure that out for yourself. You wouldn't be wrong in assuming that I don't pick up Leinenkugel's beers very often. This one doesn't have Berry or Weiss anywhere in the name, so I think it might be better than most of their offerings. Let's pop it open and find out.

Dark brown color, slim off-white head.

In the nose: sweet malt, cocoa tinges, nice.

In the mouth: good and balanced. Lightly sweet, full malt flavors, cool and calm. Light to Medium bodied, with an utmost ease of drinking. Chocolate notes persist through the taste.

I've got to admit it: I love a good ol' Bavarian Dunkel, and this is one of them.

No comments: