Sunday, January 10, 2021

Founders Mosaic Promise Single Hop Ale

Founders Mosaic Promise Pale Ale.

5.5 % ABV, 50 IBU. Founders Brewing, Grand Rapids, MI.

And here we have a beer that should have appeared here years ago. I'm drinking it now from a 15-pack of cans, which is an amazing deal, each individual can averaging out to a mere $1.13  apiece. But, before I brought that big box home, I had logged into it on Untappd twice, once in 2016, once in 2019, both times at Acadia cafe. What this means is that my distributor rep did not provide me with a sample of this when it was new (or I would have reviewed that sample here), and I bought our first keg out of blind trust that this Mosaic single hop pale ale would be a worthy beer, indeed. And so it was, and I ordered more kegs from time to time, though I never found myself in possession of a bottle or a can afterward, until now. (And never, or rarely, reviewed from on tap during my time at Acadia, for several reasons.)

And now, we will drink it: 


Crystal clear, bright golden hue, vibrant ivory head. 

In the nose: Fresh, lively, stunning. Mosaic hops are spilling out citric goodness.

In the mouth: Crisp, brisk, and bursting with hop bitterness. Flavors of orange, lemon, grapefruit, and berries abound on the palate. Smooth, lush malt keeps it nice at the base. Light bodied, easy-drinking, and abundantly flavorful. Never-ending happiness and exceptional session ability make this an almost perfect pale ale. 

Downright delicious. 

This clean, rich, golden beer showcases Mosaic hops and Golden Promise malts proving there truly is beauty in simplicity.

(Edit: I went to the Founders website to find more information about this beer, and could not locate it. It does not appear anywhere on their Availability Calendar. Did I purchase that 15-pack at the end of it's life? Has it been dropped for the unforeseen future? Did I really wait until the very last minute to review it?)

No comments: