Monday, January 11, 2021

Noel Christmas Weihnacht, Brouwerij Verhaeghe, Vichte

Noel Christmas Weihnacht,  Brouwerij Verhaeghe Vichte.


It may be a few weeks late for a Christmas beer, but this one just fell into my hands, and I feel that the bottle is probably too old to hang on to it for another year. I have no way of finding out how old it is, but it has a Best By of 1-30-16, so I, or, somebody should have drank it down five years ago. 

7.2 % ABV. Brouwerij Verhaeghe, Vichte, Belgium. 

Lightly hazed, amber/golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Spicy, malty. Citrus and plums. Gingerbread and lemon squares. Belgian yeast. Little bit of funk. All the Christmas feels. 

In the mouth: Medium body. Smooth. Malty. Slightly spicy. Very mellow. Makes me wonder what it was like fresh? 

No comments: