Tuesday, January 12, 2021

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Xperimental IPA

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Xperimental IPA.


6.6 % ABV, 27 IBU. New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, CO. 

My final can of three from the current Hoppy Pack, featuring 3 each of 4 different Voodoo Ranger IPAs, including the OG VR IPA, and the Imperial. There's one more left for review, and I'll get to that one soon. 

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Bold, assertive, beautiful hoppiness. Lemon/lime, orange, and a pinch of pine. A touch of dank on the side. 

In the mouth: Juicy & fruity, flush with hoppy goodness. Bittersweet, and especially smooth. Light bodied, and easily consumed. Fresh, and alive with Citra hop flavors. Minor bitterness. Flavor lays long on the palate. I'm enjoying this one. 

Our latest IPA experiment. Exclusively dry hopped with Citra Hops.

I'm wondering what the experiment was here. And was it merely dry-hopped with Citra, were there other hops used in the recipe? 

I looked on the website and found this: HOPS: Strata, Amarillo, Mosaic, Huell Melon

MALT: Pale, Honey, Pilsner

And so, I have my answer. Whatever the experiment, I'd say it worked. I'd drink this again, assuredly. 

No comments: