Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Arbeiter Winterzeit Festbier

 Arbeiter Winterzeit Festbier.

4.5 %, 22 IBU. Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

And now we have crowler #4 from the seven that I bought at Arbeiter two weeks ago. (What, it takes you two weeks to drink four crowlers, I hear you say. Fret not, friends, there are certain reasons and rules for the order that I drink my beers. Don't worry about it.) It's not often that I buy seven crowlers at once, but also it is rare that I have entered a new brewery and was not able to drink a pint within. A week later, restrictions had been lifted and we can once again drink and eat inside a bar, restaurant or taproom, although in Minneapolis we still cannot sit at a bar, merely take the beers to a table. I have only been to one taproom since, and it was Sisyphus, last Friday.  I will make it back to Arbeiter again soon, but probably not until I have finished all of these crowlers. (And that will take some time, due to the arcane rules that I have set for myself.)



So, on with the beer: 

Clear, bright golden/amber color, slim white head. 

In the nose: crisp, clean, noble hops at play in a field of mild malt. Right on target. 

In the mouth: More crisp, more clean, and exceptionally malty. Outright tasty. Brisk hop attack, quickly turning to the malty side. Refreshing to a t. Classic festbier style. I can see this a definitive people pleaser. I even want to call it...you guessed it...yum a dum dum. 

WinterZeit, Festbier

ABV 4.5% | 22 IBU

Our golden lager, WinterZeit, is here to keep you warm (or at least warm inside). A pale German-style lager has a bright malt backbone, floral hops, and crisp finish.

Our golden lager stands tall on a blended base of bright German Pilsener and bready German Munich malts. Delicately balanced spicy and floral hop notes come from a new German hop, Aurum, which means gold in German. Not to be confused with amber lagers in the style of Märzen/Oktoberfest, Festbier is a pale German-style lager with great, long-lasting white head, moderately full body, and dry finish. It shares traits similar to Helles and Maibock.

No comments: