Saturday, January 23, 2021

Odell Hazer Tag Hazy IPA

 Odell Hazer Tag Hazy IPA.


6% ABV, 30 IBU. Odell Brewing, Fort Collins, CO. 

I've been doing sampler packs again lately. It's a good way to stretch the dollars. I end up with a few new beers for the blog, and usually the rest are beers I'll also enjoy. It's good to have something inexpensive to just crack open when you get home. I got the winter sampler from Odell for about $17. That averages out to about $1.43 apiece. And I'd much rather get 12 bottles or cans for $17 than 4 of them. I'm holding fast on my boycott on the $16+ 4-pack. There are a lot of other beers out there, they don't all have to be DDH TIPAs. 

So, this pack came with 4 IPAs, which I always enjoy, and 4 Isolation Ales, maybe like that one a little less, and 4 of this "exclusive release", 3 of which have passed down my gullet with aplomb. Let's take a closer look at this last one. 

It's hazy, all right, golden hued, slim white head. 

In the nose: Big citrus smells, orange and grapefruit, lemon peel, with tropical tones coming on. Passionfruit/guava. 

In the mouth: Brief hoppy bite, a brief bit of bitterness, than more a sweet, fruity character takes over. Bitterness may be small, but it stays in control and sticks around. Medium bodied, easy drinking, very flavorful and mellow. Tasty stuff. 

Game-changing haziness awaits in the galactic arena of happiness. Experience the rush that comes with the heart-pounding excitement of IPA innovation. Passion fruit and citrus notes engulf the palate in a dynamo of hazy hop goodness. Draw your phaser and see how you measure up in our latest game of Hazer Tag. 

I have a love/hate relationship with the above verbiage. Why am I not getting paid to make up that kind of stuff? It's just not fair. 


No comments: