Saturday, January 2, 2021

Falling Knife HypeBeast Triple Dry-hopped DIPA

Falling Knife HypeBeast Triple Dry-hopped DIPA. With Strata and Galaxy hops. 

So, I broke my rule against 4-packs of 16-ouncers of a certain price for this one, because I feel that I ought to, once in a while, especially in situations such as this one. 

"HypeBeast" is a fitting name for a brew like this coming from two very hyped local breweries, riding high on their reputations for pumping out the hazys and the DDHs. Now, a TDH? In a DIPA? But, or course...(Something's telling me that the name is actually a video game reference, though. But I'm sticking with my take.) 


Collaboration with BlackStack Brewing, 8.5 % ABV, Falling Knife Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

Hazy, bright golden, slim white head. 

In the nose: soft and fuzzy. There's some hops in there, somewhere. 

In the mouth: Bitter up front, just a touch, then it's all about hops, pouncing on the palate. Mellow malt, bright citrusy hop flavors, medium body that's all full of fuzz. Juicy stuff, for sure. High alcohol is starting to rise up, and I'm feeling alright. 

I don't regret splurging on a $17.50 4-pack, but I also don't see the difference. What do you get from one more dry-hopping? Maybe I'm slow, but they are all tasting the same to me. I just can't get excited about the hazys. Double dry-hopped, triple, quadruple, where do we go from here?


No comments: