Friday, January 15, 2021

Oliphant Mind Talent Imperial Stout (brewed with cookies, cacao nibs, lactose & natural flavors)

Oliphant Mind Talent Imperial Stout (brewed with cookies, cacao nibs, lactose & natural flavors).

10% ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. 






And it happens once again. Normally, I scoff at stuff like this. Everybody's getting in on the act, and it's no longer novel. I'm breaking my ban on lactose beers, too, although I generally excuse Oliphant's experiments. (Ah, ha, see it's a milk & cookies beer!) What the hell. But I'm not going to make this a thing. Just so you know. 

Solid blackness, completely opaque, with a rich brown head, that slowly crumbles. 

In the nose: Much malt, with oncoming sweetness. Cocoa's coming, too. The cream and the cookies, it's all falling into place. 

In the mouth: Rich and sweet from the start, almost sickly sweet. Treacle. Large malt, big chocolate, and then the Oreos hit. Yep, you taste the Oreos. The cookies, and the cream. Full bodied, fairly smooth, but this is not my go-to choice for an Imperial Stout. I like the realer ones. And I don't want the dia-beet-us.

Cookies & Cream Imperial Stout

No comments: