Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Two Roads Holiday Ale Biére de Noel


 Two Roads Holiday Ale Biére de Noel.

7.3 % ABV. Two Roads Brewing, Stratford, CT. 

I know what you're saying. You're saying, Al, what's up, Christmas was a month ago, why are you drinking this now? How to explain this? Okay, these cans came into my possession shortly before the holiday, and I enjoyed can #1, stashed the second away for another day and the note-taking. And that day become today because I am a terrible procrastinator. I've definitely done worse. You don't want to know. Believe me.

I didn't purchase any before that day that they became mine because there are so many new beers coming out around the holiday season, it's impossible to get them all. Some fall by the wayside, and, actually, holiday-themed beers aren't my top priority. I like 'em, just don't live for them. 

But every good holiday ale can be enjoyed anytime, and why not now, with snow piled up and temps in the teens. (At least we haven't dipped below zero yet. Fingers crossed.) We're not out of this for a long while. Brrr...

Clear, auburn hue, slim whitish head. 

In the nose: Deep, dark fruit, and slight spice. Figs and berries. Mostly malty. 

In the mouth: More spices grace the palate along with waves of malt. Moderately hopped. Some small sweetness. Like mulled fruit with spices. Definitely delicious. I'm liking this one. I'd drink it anytime of year. 


No comments: