Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Oliphant Bourbon Barrel-aged Super Squishy

Oliphant Bourbon Barrel-aged Super Squishy.

5.5 % ABV, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.



Deeply reddish appearance, largely opaque, sizable pinkish layer of foam on top. 

In the nose: Super Squishy is in full attendance, here, the berries, the coconut, the lactose, doing their thing. I'm not getting much else, though. 

In the mouth: Now, we're getting some barrel action. A little. But, the fruited sour that is Super Squishy is still in charge. And, ...I'm waiting. Waiting. Where's the bourbon barrel? I'm not getting anything, really. Maybe, very minor. Maybe this needed to stay in the barrel longer? 

I have to admit to feeling a little cheated. This was a $7 12 ounce can. And I'm not tasting anything like bourbon. Not really. Not enough. 

No comments: