Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Lift Bridge Berry Blonde Ale

Lift Bridge Berry Blonde Ale.


4 % ABV, Lift Bridge Brewing, Stillwater, MN. 

Once again, I find myself with a beer I would not normally choose to review, but, as it goes, this can fell into my possession, so I must review it. If you missed the memo, the rules of this blog are as follows:  If a beer appears in my fridge, by whatever means necessary, it shall appear on this blog. Ever so rarely, I break that rule, but you'll never know. Here's one example: I will not review the cans of Gluek Pilsener that are in the fridge because they are a year old and it wouldn't be fair. (How did they get there? I got them free from work.) This can is not a year old. (I also got it free from work, but for a different reason.)

So, on we go. 

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: A little sweet, a little tart, but full of berries.

In the mouth: Minor hop bitterness, smooth malt structure. Easy drinking, light bodied. Refreshing fruity flavors. Perfectly acceptable, and probably a perfect beer for some. Not me, I need more. But there ain't nothing wrong with it. I definitely like the Mango Blonde better than this one, but you know me, a fool for mangoes. 

Go ahead and drink this, I don't care. 

Berry Blonde has aroma and flavor subtly sparked with ripe boysenberry and blackberry juice that integrates beautifully with the light golden malt. Coming in at 4% ABV, Berry Blonde is a pleasant taste of the northland without being too heavy.

No comments: