Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Broken Clock Spruce Juice Spruce ESB

Broken Clock Spruce Juice Spruce ESB.


Now here we have a beer that I could have purchased at any time while it was on sale at the retail store where I am currently employed, but never did, for whatever reason. Too many beers in my fridge already, maybe. But someone took it upon himself to provide me with a growler, so I could get down with this one, and check it out for my own self. Thanks again, Dave!

6.6 % ABV. 40 IBU. Broken Clock Brewing Cooperative, Minneapolis, MN. 

Slightly clouded, amber/bronze coloration, slim whitish head. 



In the nose: Spruce tips slowly but surely pull ahead of hops and malt here. Piney and malty hold down the fort. 

In the mouth: More juicy goodness. Nice bitterness glides along the palate, hoppy, juicy, malty, full of spruce-y flavors. Accented by malt. Well balanced, good combination of flavors. I liked this one all the way down. 

No comments: