Sunday, January 17, 2021

Bell's Lampshade Party Ale Double India Pale Ale

Bell's Lampshade Party Ale Double India Pale Ale.


9 % ABV. Bell's Brewery, Comstock, MI. 

One of the certainties in life that we can all agree on is that Bell's knows IPAs. If Bell's comes out with a new double IPA, I can be doubly sure that it will be doubly good. I actually thought this one was new, when I saw it on the shelves, but it's been around for a few years. Did I just keep missing it when I went to a store? Did it sell out that quickly that my eyes never landed on any bottles at any time? Well, I'm forever a victim of FOMO, so I grabbed it up right away and am now down to that ultimate bottle from the six pack that I will now takes notes on. 

Lightly hazed, bright golden/orange hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Big citrus note plume out of the glass, accompanied by tropical tones, too. Initial notes of orange and grapefruit are swallowed up by pineapple, passionfruit, various berries, and maybe a little melon. 

In the mouth: Juicy stuff, from the start. Great big buzz of bitterness. Booze comes on board. Citrusy, dank, resinous, deep, and yet refreshing. Candied fruit, dried apricots, pineapple and orange slices. Hop flavors hang on in the back of the palate, and stay, keeping that finish lasting long. A tasty treat that can't be beat. I may need to go get some more. 

We cleaned out mom’s attic and founds these pictures of Uncle Rick and Aunt Linda. All we can say is - WOW!

We. Had. No. Idea.

Lampshade Party Ale™ is a limited release that celebrates a night best partially remembered.

This Double IPA is dry-hopped with Australia’s Galaxy and the Pacific Northwest’s new-school IPA hop, Idaho 7. The hop character jumps out at you with juicy aromas of fruit punch, red berry and pineapple. Bitterness is there, but balanced with a nice malt character.

Feel free to indulge, and if a lampshade comes into play, so be it.



No comments: