Sunday, May 2, 2021

Able Cryosaurus Rex DDH DIPA

Able Cryosaurus Rex DDH DIPA. With Amarillo, Azacca, Cascade, Centennial, Simcoe, Citra, and Mosaic Cryo hops. 


8.7 % ABV. Able Seedhouse + Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. 

The beers of Able (did that Seedhouse business ever get going?) haven't been in the Nib in a while. It's been over two years since I bought anything from them, and even longer since I've been to the taproom. The last time I hosted one of their beers on tap at Acadia was over three years ago. But, here we have something interesting, and someone from the brewery dropped off a can for me (thanks, JB!), and now I will drink it. 

Clear ("clear"? A clear, DDH DIPA?? Who ever heard of such a thing?), bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Grassy, floral, citrusy hop notes. Earthy & herbal. 

In the mouth: A fine panoply of hop varieties combine to deliver deliciousness to the palate. Blend of citrus and pine, with a touch of spice, goes juicy for a moment, then turns to dry. Clean, crisp, smooth, with a full brace of bitterness keeping the tongue happy. 

This is that kind of double IPA you just don't find anymore, and I'm glad to be tasting it. 

I couldn't find any other information online about this beer. So, I will type these words out from the label:

"This beer? Deliciously Dino-mite. Some might go so far to say it's Totally T-riffic...."

That didn't help at all. 

No comments: