Sunday, May 9, 2021

Able Melon Camp Hazy IPA

Able Melon Camp Hazy IPA. With Simcoe, Citra, and Huell Melon hops. 

6.4 % ABV, Able Seedhouse + Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. 


My efforts to boycott the hazies have been hindered once more. This one was a sample from a brewery rep. Thanks, J.B! Let's see what we have here...

First of all, we have the most colorful and comical Able label I've seen in a long time. Also, they have links to Spotify playlists on the side of the can. This one was JB's turn, and although I haven't listened to it, yes, he assured me, it has some Mellencamp on it. 

It's all hazed up, dull orange, slim, bright white head, looking the part.

In the nose: Soft and slightly sweet. Tropical tones at play. Some citrus. 

In the mouth: Very mellow, mild, and approachable. Starts off fruity and fuzzy, eventually revealing traces of bitterness that tingle the tongue. Just a little juicy, with flavors of melon, berries, and just a touch of citrus. Goes down especially easy. Tasty stuff, here, and I enjoyed drinking it. I mean, if you have to have a hazy, I guess this one wouldn't hurt. 

Wish I could tell you more, but information is lacking. 


No comments: