Thursday, May 20, 2021

BlackStack Fugazi "The Real Deal" Italian-style Pils

BlackStack Fugazi "The Real Deal" Italian-style Pils.


4.8 % ABV, BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 

And here we have a beer that I wouldn't normally review in the Nib, because the Italian-style Pils, whatever that may be, is not the sort of thing that I would normally choose for myself. But, it fell into my hands, and that sealed its fate. If I goes in my fridge, I must review it for the Nib. This is the way. 

Clear, bright golden color, slim to no head. 

In the nose: Clean, malty aromatics, lightly hopped, slightly floral. 

In the mouth: watery and light. Very little flavor. I guess that's what an Italian-style Pils is. Lightly malty, slightly sweet. Not terrible, just not much. I'll drink this and forget it. 

Should I stop bashing BlackStack for only putting out expensive DDH DIPAs or TDH TIPAs and the like, because they sometimes put out lagers and sours? I still demand more variety. More variety until it hurts! 

Italian-Style Pils dry-hopped adoringly with Czech Kazbek. It's the Real Deal.

No comments: