Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fair State Big Doinks Extra-Dank IPA

Fair State Big Doinks Extra-Dank IPA.


6.5 % ABV. 60 IBU. Fair State Brewing Cooperative, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. 

Here I am about to drink a Big Doinks in a little glass. This is not the type of beer that goes into a tulip or a snifter, but I am currently without a Fair State pint glass or any other type. So sue me. Into the fancy glass it goes, just so I can show the logo. 

And before I begin, I'm happy to try out a Fair State IPA that's not just another hazy.

Clear (with a slight chill haze), bright golden hue, large and lasting ivory head. Looking good. 

In the nose: classic citrusy nose, with a side of pine. Nicely hopped. Resiny and ...well, we'll get there shortly. 

In the mouth: Big happiness hits the lips and blazes the palate. Earthy, citrusy, deep lemon, orange and grapefruit, with a judicious bite. Definitely dank. Long-lasting alphas, dripping with hoppy goodness, exquisitely refreshing and bitter. Love it. This delivers IPA goodness just the way I like it. Big fan, here. 

Extra dank IPA with the stickiest of hops available

No comments: