Friday, May 7, 2021

Breckenridge Juicy IPA

Breckenridge Juicy IPA. Mosaic & Palisade Hopped with Fruit Juice. Breckenridge Brewery, Fine Colorado Ales. 

6.7 % ABV. 


My final bottle from a Breckenridge sampler pack. This lone surviving bottle sat in the fridge, neglected, long after I sampled it's brethren and sisters, taking notes on some, and not on others. Time to drink it up. 

Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Light citrus, at first. Impressions of other fruit, soft and slightly sweet, 

In the mouth: Starts off juicy, alright, with low bitterness, and sweet, juicy malt running the show. Grapefruit, lemon, and berries lead the charge. Fairly smooth stuff, clean and refreshing. 

This is for somebody, I am sure, but it's not for me. Too much juice, not enough IPA. If it's for you, bless you, sir or madam, but it certainly doesn't qualify as an IPA in my eyes. 

No comments: