Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Greenpoint Resist India Pale Ale

Greenpoint Resist India Pale Ale.

7% ABV, 50 IBU. Greenpoint Beer & Ale Company, Brooklyn, New York, New York. 



All hazed out, with various floaties floating about (this is not exactly a fresh can, some of which can be blamed on me for sitting on it for so long), bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Citrusy hops are here, some sweetness, soft and lovely. 

In the mouth: Soft and sweet rules the day here. Minor bitterness, moderate malt, yeast aplenty, fuzzy galore. Citrus and stone fruit flavors dominate. Just a little bit chalky. Mostly smooth and utterly unbitter. Lacking most of the qualities I look for in an IPA. 

I picked up the can (which was given to me as a sample) and though, "ah, an India Pale Ale, I like those," but once I started drinking it I knew, "no, it's a hazy, and there's nothing I can do about it." 

I couldn't finish the entirety of the can, too much flotsam and jetsam. 

Super soft and creamy, with the prerequisite haze. Mosaic, Simcoe, and Columbus hops showcase a medley of punchy tropical fruits and overripe berries, followed by a slightly resinous finish.

That's not what it says on the label.

Soft and hazy with crisp cereal like malt aromas. Pleasant yet gripping hop aroma highlighting hints of tropical fruit, citrus, and slight resin. A modern IPA for a progressive cause. Hop Heads Unite! Organize, march, drink, resist. 

Huh. Okay. Sure, whatever. 

No comments: