Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Brewing Project Major Vida Mexican Lager with Orange Blossom Honey

The Brewing Project Major Vida Mexican Lager with Orange Blossom Honey.

6.5 % ABV. The Brewing Project, Eau Claire, WI. 


And here we have a beer that is not usually likely to find itself in my fridge. When I read "Mexican lager" on the label, it's just not going to go into the shopping cart. But, I got it for free, on Cinco de Mayo. So, naturally, I waited six days to drink it. And here we go...

Clear, bright golden hue, short-lived white head. 

In the nose: Some citrus and sweetness, light floral hops, some malt. 

In the mouth: Light. Easy. Boring. Bland. Faint glimmer of orange. Small amount of hops, whisper of malt. Clean. Well-balanced. Achingly free from flavor. That is, until the honey pipes up, just a little bit. Okay, I get it now. It is what it is. And that's fine. 

But, it's not for me, that's for sure. 

Mexican lager brewed with orange blossom, honey and Motueka hops.

No comments: