Monday, May 10, 2021

Junkyard Father of Invention New England Style IPA

 Junkyard Father of Invention New England Style IPA. With Zappa and Cryo Azacca hops. 

KEEP COLD-DRINK FRESH! save the turtles, please recycle, unfiltered, may contain sediment. 

7.2 % alc./vol. Pkgd 03/30/21. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


Here I go, breaking my boycott against the hazies one more time, and this one on purpose, all because I can't resist a tribute to Frank Zappa. Excuse me, now, while I change the background music and put on some Mothers...

Cloudy as it gets, bright and hazy golden, slim white head.

In the nose: bold citrus notes, with fierce fuzz. 

In the mouth: Starts out tropical, pineapple and passion fruit. Big sweetness, hardly a trace of bitter. Smooth and groovy. Citrus joins the scene. Grapefruit and lemon. Tasty stuff. And juicy, too. Slight bitterness lurks below. Ever so slight. 

I can't help it. I keep trying to try these, and my mind goes back to what I really want from an IPA, and it's not this. But, it is what it is, there's no denying it. It goes down effortlessly and imparts the requisite alcohol, but I'd like a little more hop bite, just a kick, just ...I can't fight it, I knew what I signed up for...

There's only one song to listen to while drinking this beer, and it's not "Let's Make The Water Turn Black"...


No comments: