Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Minneapolis Breweries Day by Day #4: Rock Bottom Wicked Elf

Day #4 of Minneapolis Breweries Day by Day. It's freezing out. It's below freezing. It's in the teens below zero! Arrrgggh! I want to spend as little time as I can outside. And so the plan today is to leave a little early, jump off the bus on Hennepin and 9th Street, have a beer here, just to say I did it, and get back on track to get to work. It's Friday, December 29, and I'm stepping into Rock Bottom Brewing at 800 Lasalle Avenue. That's the street address, I'm going in the Hennepin Entrance.

So, I'm looking over the wide range of beers and it's easy to decide what I'll order, the biggest, Belgian-est beer they got.

Rock Bottom Wicked Elf Belgian Strong Dark Ale. 8.1% ABV. 35 IBU.

Here are the notes I took: "Rich & malty, fruity, warming, slightly vinous, lightly tannin-y" (yes, that's a word." That was good enough. It was satisfactory, but not especially special. Not a bad beer, and I could drink it.

If you don't have time to make it over to Fulton, Inbound, or Modist, if you just happen to be there, if you're hanging out with people who aren't that picky. by all means have a beer here. They ain't bad. And they ain't great. It's up to you.

As for me, I'll probably pass this place by for the most part. And that's 5 down, 27 to go.

Brewed in the tradition of a Biere de Noel, our amber-colored, Belgian-inspired strong ale is smooth and warming for the holidays.

No comments: