Saturday, January 6, 2018

Minneapolis Breweries Day by Day #7: Day Block Brewing & Imperial Milk Stout

And it's Wednesday, January 3, 2018. It's still below zero. It will be all week. Where can I go that's on the way to work to continue this project, and perhaps has a good one, to boot? Hey, why not Day Block Brewing, over in the Day Block Building, 1105 Washington Avenue S?

So, I get off the light rail train a little ahead of my usual stop, US Bank Stadium Station, walk a few blocks over to Washington Ave., then a few blocks to the East, and here we are. I haven't been here since April of last year; a return visit is due.

Wyatt served me up a nitro Imperial Milk Stout, a creamy, silky smooth sipper that came with a punch, at 9.5%. Full-bodied, rich and chocolatey, hanging heavy on the cocoa side, but not revealing too much of the lactose. Fine with me. Very fine with me.

Like any good brewpub, there's always new stuff coming on, but also a lot of standards that stick around. Not just for the loyal regulars, but for the Vikings fans and others coming in before and after a USBank Stadium event. One beer I have not yet tried at DBBC is "Stadium Blonde", which I'm sure is there for the purple clad people insisting on a Miller Lite, or some such.

There were still a few other beers I hadn't tried that are definitely not for that crowd, like Mexican Hot Chocolate and Blackberry Rye. Wyatt gave me samples of each. Not for me, but not that it mattered. It was time to go. This was a one and done. Time to bundle up, get out in that below zero street, hop on the next #7 (or 22), and off to work. Seven down, 25 to go.

No comments: