Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Fulton Maibock German Style Lager

Fulton Maibock German Style Lager.
6.5 % ABV. 25 IBU.
Fulton Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

So, I picked up a Fulton sampler pack last Monday, two of their flagships, two I'd never heard of before. Sometimes when I drink beers again, I realize that I have an opportunity to do a good photo to replace the one on the blog from years ago, when my camera wasn't as nice, when I didn't always use a neutral background, when the glass sometimes wasn't "beer clean." I made sure to do that with the Lonely Blonde, whose first review of eight years ago was from a growler on my first visit to the taproom. But, I drank the 3 bottles of 300 too quickly to stage a corrective photo. I'm sure I'll get more later. And now, to the two new Fultons, the first one is the Maibock, which I'm drinking in June.

Clear, honey-golden hue, slim white head atop.

In the nose: Slightly sweet, malty, cereal grains, lightly floral/estery.

In the mouth: Clean and crisp, with lingering malt flavors on the palate. Not a trace of hop bitterness, fully balanced. Just enough of a sweet, honey-ish edge to keep it tasty. Medium-bodied, fully flavored, easy drinking.

I like a good maibock, and this is one of them.

NO GOATS WERE HARMED IN THE CRAFTING OF THIS BEER.

Winter is almost over, but Spring isn’t here yet. What to do about it? (brew a beer to bridge the seasons, duh!) Our very first Maibock helps usher us into spring by bringing together a base of a bready malt character, floral hop aroma, and a crisp, slight bitterness to keep the finish nice and clean. We took the launch of our latest mixed 12 pack as an opportunity to venture into some new territory. Brewing a Maibock had been an idea we tossed around over the years, but never pulled the trigger on. Now, sipping on this new beer we are left wondering "why'd we wait so long?".

No comments: