Saturday, June 27, 2020

Three Floyds Sexy Neckbreaker Hardbody Pale Ale

Three Floyds Sexy Neckbreaker Hardbody Pale Ale. 6.4 % ABV.
Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, IN.

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but this is positively my first "hardbody pale ale." I suspect that there is something going on here that I will need an education upon.

Also, I must admit to my local readers that this is not a Three Floyds beer you can find around here. I am lucky to receive certain gifts from time to time. This one is called a "Brewpub Only Release", but was probably distributed to stores in their home market, due to the brewpub remaining closed during our current pandemic crisis.

Clear, bold amber color, ample layer of ivory froth, leaving some lacing.

In the nose: Big citrus and pine aromatics, fine and fruity, with sweet malt keeping time and balance. Caramel apple mixed with grapefruit and orange.

In the mouth: Big slap of bitterness on the palate, nice and hoppy, lip-smackingly delicious. Citrus and pine lead the flavors, with malt mixing it up just behind. Smooth, tasty, medium-bodied, refreshing. A good ol', zesty pale ale, and you can drink it.

Cheers, Cory!

What I'd like to have right now is for all fat, out of shape, craft beer drinking sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like.

I have no idea what they're going on about.


No comments: