Sunday, June 14, 2020

Pipeworks Emerald Grouper Double IPA

Pipeworks Emerald Grouper Imperial IPA. Brewed with honey and Citra hops.
Collaboration with 4 Hands Brewing.
9.5 % ABV. 75 IBU.
Pipeworks Brewing, Chicago, IL.

Clouded, bright orange hue, large white head.

In the nose: Big, bold citrus and stone fruit notes in the aroma. Orange, grapefruit, pineapple, and mango.

In the mouth: Juicy, aggressively bitter, grips the palate with powerful hoppiness. Blasts of citrus and more. My kind of IPA. Robust hop character, juicy, fruity, malty, easy drinking, despite the alcohol. Slightly out of balance, but I don't mind that. Various levels of dank and sticky-icky are getting it on up in here. Yes, it's that kind of DIPA. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Dudddde.... we put in like what was it... honey. No, like insane amounts of honey. Annnd... pssshh... seriously dank hops I got from this one guy I know. I think it was like... dude.... I am so gone. Simcoe and some Citra and some Mosiac and what if the colors I see are like not the colors you see... what was I saying? Right, right, 4 Hands. They brew the stickiest of the ickiest.

No comments: