Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Millstream Schild Brau Amber Lager


Millstream Schild Brau Amber Lager, Amana, Iowa. Behind a checkered shield of hops and barley, lies a pastoral farm scene, and absolutely no gobbledygook.

Clear, amber color, slim white head.

Malty aromatics, moderate hopping, grain and cereal notes more than anything else.

Hop bitterness boards the palate first, hangs around the mouth, then leaves quietly. Replaced with smooth, fruity malt goodness. Crisp, lean-bodied, excellent censurability. Not exciting, but not supposed to be, either. 
I sense a trend with this brewery. Won't stop me from seeking out more from them. This was a summer sampler pack I bought, that I'm drinking a little late. There's a stout out there I've heard nice things about, I've got to remember to grab.
All in all, Not a bad thirst quencher after a hard day of milking cows. 

No comments: