Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brau Brothers 100 Yard Dash Fresh Hop Ale


Brau Brothers 100 Yard Dash, A Ridiculously Fresh Hopped Ale, Brau Brothers Brewing Company, Lucan, MN, Pop 220. 
And that's all you need to know.

Clear, amber/bronze coloring, sizable, long-lasting snowy-white head.

Hop aroma: fresh, lively, loud, and lovely. Floral, fruity, bitter, citric, piney, grapefruit and orange. Spills into the nostrils with power, poetry, and aplomb. 

Pounds onto the palate persistently. Clambors on board, spreading bitter hop flavor up and down, in and out, all about. Bitterness lingers long on the tongue. Moderate malt body holds down the fort, keeps all in check, maintains a tight spreadboard for the ever-bouncing hop attack. 

My first encounter with this one was on tap, and was not good. I wasn't pleased at all, and wondered what all the fuss was about. Once again, I'm drinking this a bit late in the season, this one being my final bottle of the 6-pack. Consider me a fan. The success of this fresh hop ale has me hoping BBBC tries their hand at an IPA some day soon. Maybe Lucan will be a hotbed for hopheads?

No comments: