Sunday, August 14, 2016

Loon Juice Tea Time Cider

What? A cider review on the Bitter Nib? Why, you've never heard the like? It's about time, though, huh?

I'm way outside the cider game, I'll admit. And in my line of work, I've got people trying to get me interested in their ciders. But, I like beers, I maintain, and if I drink more ciders, then I have to drink less beers! That's one way to look at it, I guess. However, there are cider samples in my fridge that have sat for way to long and I need to drink them. After a very beer-y weekend, I'll switch it up with this one from the Four Daughters Winery of Spring Valley, MN, and their variation on Loon Juice called tea time. Or Tea Time.

5.5% Alc. by Vol. Ingredients: apple cider, tea, natural flavors, contains sulfites.

Clear. Pale yellow. High carbonation, though not head....which is fine for cider, right?

Aroma: Honeycrisp apples, a little sweet, a little tart. And a little something else.

Taste: Tart from the start, crisp, arresting and refreshing. Is there tea in this? I'm starting to taste it. Just a little bit. Not enough to really make a difference.
With each new sip, it remains a sweet/tart tango, ending ferociously dry. Easy-drinking (like all ciders are, I suppose) and delightful.

No comments: