Friday, August 5, 2016

Dogfish Head Beer To Drink Music To Belgian-style Tripel

Dogfish Head Beer To Drink Music To Belgian-style Tripel, 9% all. by vol. Brewed and bottled by Dogfish Head Brewery, Milton, Delaware.

Official Beer of Record Store Day. Cool. I will celebrate by listening to Wayne Shorter on a DVD.

Clear, light golden coloring, slim white head.

Aroma pops with stone fruit & some citrus, peppers, other spices, bubblegum, Belgian yeast. Bright, fruity, funky.

In the mouth: flash of fruit, splash of spice, alcohol buzz, and candy floss. Malt and spice are big in this one. Medium-bodied, easy-ish drinking', save for the oncoming alcohol. "A Belgian-style ale brewed with sweet orange peel, green cardamom, peppercorns, and vanilla." Vanilla? I didn't catch that at all. Let's try again. ....Oh sure, I can see that. Mmmm, yeah, how could I miss it?

Nice, interesting take on the Belgian style triple. I like this one just fine.

No comments: