Sunday, August 28, 2016

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Wild Pale Ale

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Wild Pale Ale. 6.5% ABV. 40 IBU. Hazy, golden-hued, big, fluffy white head, leaving lace.

Aromatics: bright lemon, orange, tangerine, with light spice, a whiff of funk.

In the mouth: Light hop bitterness up front, with smooth fruity malt coming in quick. Bitterness stays on top, citrus stays strong. Bit of a Belgian twist from the yeast, quite nice.
Lush and tropical. Refreshing and delicious. Smooth and easy drinking, with non-stop hops. I like this one a lot.

Hey, what's the official word on it? "An estery ale strain and our local microflora, this dry pale ale is dry hopped with 1 pound per barrel of Azacca and Citra. Notes of peach, mango, pineapple, and citrus."

That sounds about right.

Caveat emptor department: You'll notice that I am reviewing this from a growler, filled at the brewery. I turned the logo away, to avoid confusion. They will fill any 64 ouncer that you bring in, but you have to bring in a cap. They don't provide those. (They should, though. I understand if they don't, but they should.)I've been trying to discard them, actually, but found one for the occasion, as I imagined this very circumstance. See, sometimes I'm not so dumb.

No comments: