Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Summit 30th Anniversary Keller Pils

I received a sample can of this beer back in June, while this blog was taking a break. I went through a keg of it quickly at Acadia. And I did take notes on that can, six weeks or so ago. But sometimes I look at my handwritten notes and I don't feel like typing. You've probably already had it many times over, so why should you care about what I say about this one? Especially since they've already got Anniversary Beer #3 coming out, reviewed here last week? So many questions! I'll just start typing, mostly because I don't want to look back on this blog and wonder why is Anniversary beer #2 missing? Oh, yeah, I was lazy, and didn't feel like typing.

Summit #30th Anniversary Beer #2: Keller Pils. Unfiltered German-style Pilsner.

Clear as a bell, bright yellow, firm ivory head, lacey.

Aroma: lightly floral, grainy, clean, delicate & delightful.

In the mouth: more clean, bright, & smooth, but with enough yeast left in the give it a little extra flavor. Just enough bitter on the tongue. Clean, hoppy, smooth, with the requisite hops & yeast to keep my palate happy. Light bodied, incredibly easy drinking. Or slammable, crushable, all those things the kids say these days.

If you still see some around, go get it. Nothing beats a beer like this, when the heat's on.

No comments: