Friday, September 25, 2020

Disgruntled Brewing No Pants Blonde Milk Stout

Disgruntled Brewing No Pants Blonde Milk Stout. with vanilla, vanilla cookies, Coffee beans, and milk sugar. 

5.5 % ABV. Disgruntled Brewing, Perham, MN. 



Fairly clear, dark brown, slim to no head. 

In the nose: Caramel, cocoa, and cookies, Cookies, cookies, cookies,....vanilla aplenty. It's cookie time, people. 

In the mouth: Sweet, sweet, sweet. Vanilla up the wazoo. Some cocoa, but, lord, it's a vanilla overload. What the hell, by the way, is a "blonde milk stout". What is "blonde" about a stout? Light bodied, maybe medium, but nowhere as full as a true stout. This is saddening me. It's no stout at all, and nothing but a big ol' cookie beer...and a big case of diabetes...and one more example of the infantilization of beer. Drinking the things we liked as children. And I may be the only one who cares....

I know I'm supposed to jump up and down and squeal because they threw cookies into the tank, but I am not feeling this one at all...sigh. 

this is the first Disgruntled beer I've reviewed in nearly 3 years. Don't see them that much, and pass them over in favor of Drastic Measures. In this instance, there was Disgruntled in the cooler, but no Drastic Measures, or, at least, nothing that wasn't over $16 a 4-pack. I might have to return to my old practice of passing on this one. 

No comments: